Monday, September 26, 2011

Keeping Fit


Ever since I found out, I have been quite cautious about over exerting myself. Unfortunately it meant that I cut back way too much on my running this past month and have really noticed it. So this past weekend I got out twice for a very casual run and felt so much better for it. The weather was beautiful and I was doing something that makes me happy, nothing wrong with that.

I had noticed a few weeks ago that my heart rate was averaging higher than normal, about ten beats per min, and that I was getting winded quite quickly. After chatting with my super coach (Rob) it was decided that I will now be focusing on keeping my heart rate low and steady and to be sure to get out at least three days a week. No more hills, best times, just get out and enjoy. Funny thing was that once we decided that was the plan it was very easy to stick to it, even if it is waaayyy slower that normal.

As well, beginning on the treadmill downstairs in order to get used to it for the winter. Probably not a great idea to be running out in the cold and ice once I start to get lumpy.

Looking forward to keeping healthy and happy.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment