Monday, August 24, 2015

Bliss

This past weekend my parents took Owen camping at a local campground while Rob and I had a weekend to ourselves. Everyone was very excited about the idea of it but not sure what to expect as Owen has not had an overnight away from us, let alone an entire weekend.

Everyone at work knew how excited I was for Friday to end so of course I come out to find this as I try to leave. Jokers.


Well, Friday after school we drove to the campsite, said goodbye and hoped for the best.


We got the best! Owen had an amazing time being looked after by his Oma and Grandpa, only ever saying he missed us on their way back home on Sunday. Rob and I had talked of doing work on the renovations but to be honest we just lounged around, enjoying the quiet and slowly sipping our coffees on the patio. Afternoons were spent leisurely doing some housework, having a nap then back to the patio for some bbq.


Sunday lunch arrived and so did Owen and my parents. We were welcomed with a wonderfully big hug and kiss followed by Owen heading straight to his lego!! With having such an amazing weekend he was out pretty early and with little resistance.


Thank you again Mom and Dad for spoiling all three of us. 



1 comment:

  1. Our pleasure. We couldn't have had a better time together. Hope to do it again soon.
    Love
    Dad

    ReplyDelete