Saturday, July 22, 2017

"More"

Owen is up at my parents for a few days and based on his total lack of communication with me, I'm guessing he's having an incredible time. Hopefully my parents aren't too exhausted.

Over the past week or so I had started signing the word "more" to Kate when ever it was obvious that was what she wanted. Thursday night while I was changing her she randomly signed "more" for the first time so I said it back to her. Seeing her reaction was incredible. Her face lit up and she couldn't stop smiling, she kept repeating herself so I kept saying it back to her. We were both equally excited. It's now Saturday and she is very quick and confident in letting me know when she wants more!

I was able to catch a short video, it's a bit shaky but fun to see her communicate. Guess I need to learn some new words!


1 comment:

  1. tiny signs is great! http://tinysigns.net/tiny-signs-online/
    Eat and Water (we used it for drink). Milk for nursing.
    Please and thank you are easy too!
    I also went to http://www.lifeprint.com/asl101/ to learn words from Lionel's favourite books. (I learned a bunch of words from Green eggs and ham!)
    So fun!!

    ReplyDelete