Monday, August 14, 2017

A Garden Update

I have been very busy this year in the garden both front and back and have been loving it so much. At some point I want to do a post to see how everything has developed over the season but I'm not that organised and digging for the photos will take some time. This is a quick post for now as Kate is sleeping and Owen is busy with lego. I only have pics of the front gardens right now.

The goats beard and beard tongue that were planted earlier this year, they
really haven't done much so need to be move to a better location

Around to the front you can see the small spikes mid front are
the obedient plants with the coral bells in front. Rabbits keep eating
the small flowers that keep trying to grow there. In the middle
is an assortment of coneflowers and zinnias we started from seed.

I popped into Humber Nurseries this week
and loaded up the trunk for $16. I was
pretty happy with my haul

In went the three small astilbes

There are three tall white Liatris, blazing star, but I ended up putting in five.
I also planted three purple coneflower that were already blooming but
again, the rabbits came and ate the flowers. I may need to rethink
these flowers for here, we have waaaay to many rabbits

Finally the back of this bed. You can see the zinnizs flowering up top with
our massive pumpkin growing next. Off to one side is the result of a free
pack of wild flower seeds I was given and I just tossed them on the soil.
Up front are three silver mound that I had transplanted earlier in the year.

A couple of poppies from the
wild flower collection

More poppies, calendula and not to
sure what else! 

Every few days it seems that more and more
flowers are appearing.

A quick shot of the window beds that I made the other year, I'm planning
on bumping this out and making it deeper this year, closer to the fall.

1 comment:

  1. You are a worker and it all looks fabulous. So proud of you and your Oma and Opa would be too.

    ReplyDelete