Friday, October 13, 2017

Impulse Landscaping

As summer comes to an end and fall settles in, the garden centers begin cleaning out some of their stock. This is my favorite time to shop! We have been discussing many different options for a tree out front and I figured this was a perfect opportunity to see what was on sale. After three separate trips I finally came home with two small ornamental trees for $20 each, both regularly over $100. A weeping pussy willow and a summer wine ninebark which is very similar to the large diablo ninebark by the entrance.
We are not due for frost any time soon so hopefully they will establish before then. I'm already looking forward to the spring!

The weeping pussy willow and just behind,
a small lemon ninebark I picked up
for less than $5 a month ago

The summer wine ninebark tree I put in the
new bed up front to help soften
the big pines on either side

It should get a bit taller and about a 5 foot spread.

My helper for the day

No comments:

Post a Comment