Monday, November 17, 2014

Week One Update

That was one crazy week! Here's a breakdown as best as I can remember:

Monday: Both Owen and I were sad at drop off, he cried a bit during the afternoon but overall was ok. First day of work was a busy one for me, by the time I had picked up Owen and got home I was ready for bed. Best part of the day was pick up, I was greeted with a very happy boy.

Tuesday: Tiny bit of tears from Owen and some crying in the afternoon but overall better than Mon. By the time I picked him up in the afternoon he had a raspy cough and runny nose! That was quick.

Wednesday: Ok, Starting to get into the swing of things! Owen was just a bit sad at drop off but was quick to join the other kids and start playing. I was sort of getting used to being busy every day, more importantly, was really enjoying getting showered every morning. Pick up time was great, Owen was excited to show me around the classroom and teachers said he had an excellent day. He even napped and woke up singing to himself. Too cute.

Thursday: I was at work for less than an hour and got a call from daycare to come get him, he had a fever and diarrhea. I almost started to cry when I picked him up, poor guy was not in good shape. We went home and snuggled for the day. That night he had a pretty good fever and a rough night because he had a hard tine breathing.
Best remedy for feeling sick? Chocolate popsicle.

Friday: We both stayed home as he was not any better.

Nap time
Weekend: Not much improvement other than the fever going down finally.

"I'll have my bath but I'm hot going to like it"
Sunday afternoon/Monday: Oma to the rescue!! My Mom drove down Sunday afternoon and stayed over to look after Owen Monday so I could attempt going to work for a full week! Rob, Owen and I were very happy to see her and Owen was more than happy to stay home from school to hang out with Oma.

And to top it off...it snowed

Oma made the snowman while Owen crashed it

Good times

He was very proud of his crashing

End of the day snuggles
Thanks Oma

No comments:

Post a Comment