Sunday, January 13, 2019

Genetics

It's no secret that my parents enjoy living an alternative lifestyle. Their home is entirely off grid, they grow as much of their own food as possible, raise chickens occasionally and make/bake a majority of their food, just to list a few! I like to tease them that they are hippies.
Well, looks like the hippie gene has fully kicked in for me.
So far today I have prepped and frozen four meals worth of riced cauliflower as well as;

made another batch of almond milk. The leftover
pulp made amazing crackers so that will be on
tomorrows agenda

made a sourdough cinnamon raisin bread. It was hamburgers for lunch
so I whipped together whole wheat burger buns

We were out of ketchup and with two small kids you just can't have lunch
without ketchup! 20 min later I had made a batch of ketchup
which BOTH kids declared was the same as the store bought. Big win as
there is only 2 tablespoons of maple syrup in almost 3 cups of sauce

Looks like my hippie mom gene is awake and ready to rock

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful; you rock. Your Mom is still laughing. We love you and so glad to see we've passed on the genes.
    Love
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! I am so impressed! You have their creativity and their just go and DO IT!!

    ReplyDelete