Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Midwives


So, as soon as I found out I was pregnant I quickly called around for a Midwife. Thinking that because it was so early I would have no trouble at all, was I ever wrong!

I was now on three different waiting lists all of which told me that they would call me if anything opened up. Seriously! Wow. Who knew it was so difficult to get a Midwife. Obviously a bit disappointed but reminding myself that it is still very early on I did the next logical thing and called my family doctor to get the ball rolling and also to 100% confirm I was pregnant.

Jump ahead one month (just short by three days) and I get a call from Community Midwives asking if I was still looking, you bet! I am very happy with how everything has been progressing so far and everything seems to be falling into place nicely. We are meeting with our appointed Midwife Monday Oct 24 and hopefully everything goes well. We will both be able to ask questions and get as much info as possible to be sure that this is the route we want to take. I'm pretty confident that it is and the clinic we are going to was recommended by a friend who did her training there for a year. I also think that this may have helped our cause in getting a call back.


1 comment:

  1. holy hannah! no kidding! I called *6* places the day after I found out, and got into Seventh Generation because Jason is aboriginal! 3 places never even called back! (playing catch up! enjoying the blog!!)

    ReplyDelete