Monday, April 2, 2012

34 Week Bump Update


Well, another week down and closer to Pip's arrival. I have really noticed a slow down this past week, getting tired so much earlier and easier. I am also finding it hard to stay in on one position for too long either standing, sitting or lying down, as my upper back is getting sore and the belly is getting bigger. Speaking of the belly, I noticed that for the past week or so I was bumping into things more frequently which is not like me so figured it was time to get the measuring tape out. Sure enough the belly has grown two inches since the last measure, thank goodness I'm tall otherwise I'b be standing back a foot from the counters while trying to make dinner!

With my diaphragm now pushed waaayy up into my ribs my voice has changed. Kind of like puberty but not! It's become raspier, a bit deeper and when I try to sing most of the time nothing comes out. I'm guessing for some that's a good thing.

Still doing what I can in order to turn Pip but to be honest I really don't know anymore what direction Pip is in. There are so many lumps and bumps that it's pretty difficult to figure out what is what. Guess I'll have to wait until Wednesday for the ultrasound to confirm. Fingers crossed.

It seems that I can not get enough liquids this week. I'm drinking almost three liters of water a day but still feel like I'm very dehydrated, always thirsty, dry mouth and lips. Guess I just need to keep drinking!

We finished our prenatal classes and can not say enough about how fantastic they were. The instructor, Leslie, was amazing. She was very inclusive of the partners at all times, even during the breast feeding class, which really enforced the idea that this is a partnership and not just what mom says. She also covered all the questions we had and didn't know we had in a very open and honest manner, a lot of common sense and excellent solid advice on all the topics she covered.

Now I understand that I have not given you any details about the classes as this would be the longest post ever, but am more than happy to tell you about it if there are questions. If you click the link below then click the prenatal button on the top of the page it will direct you to an outline of what is covered in her classes.
I think Rob said it best; the only advice he will give expecting Dad's or parents is just go to these classes, don't bother with anything else as you will be wasting your time.
You can link to her website here http://www.birthspirit.ca/ as well, I have put a link to her web site under my links header.

No comments:

Post a Comment