Friday, January 18, 2013

Nine Months

One of the rare moments he is stationary

It's amazing how much changes in one week let alone nine months! Owen had never been big on belly time and therefor not one for crawling. Well, in less than seven days he went from crying when on his hands and knees to scooting around the house with ease. In the same week his confidence and ability to walk/cruise along the furniture have improved immensely making him a very mobile little guy.


With all my focus on sleep training the past couple of weeks I missed two more teeth popping through, making the grand total of six teeth. Four on top, two on the bottom. This may have been some of the crying we were dealing with, not just refusal to sleep. 
Part of the sleep training involved weaning off the night time feeds that were around three to five a night. It ended up being more cold turkey than weaning which worked out wonderfully for me, so now he just breast feeds four times a day with three meals of solids/baby food. In the two weeks we have been doing this feeding routine his appetite for solids has steadily increased. I have been doing a combination of jarred baby food, hand held pieces of food and purees that I make myself. I have been experimenting with different brands of jarred foods from Presidents Choice Organics, Baby Gourmet, Nativa (Shoppers Drug Mart organic brand) and Earths Best. This is worthy of a separate post so stay tuned. 

Really loving the avocado ice cream I made him

Owen is getting to be quite heavy for me to carry but I love having him close to me and he still likes to be carried around so I have been using a sling to help. I was given a pouch sling which has been very handy but my only complaint was that it was not adjustable so today I made up a ring sling with materials I had purchased before he was born as you can see in the blurry pic below. Normally when I put him in he is quite content and usually just snuggles up to me, I took this pic just before nap time so he was a bit crazy.


We sure do love our little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment