Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sleep Training Day 9 & 10

Having a nap in his jumper, seriously!

The progress in ten days has been phenomenal so when it doesn't go to plan it seems even worse! Owen has been going down for both his naps and night time with out any fuss and is asleep in under 10 min.
Well on day nine his naps were 1.5 hrs and 1 hr which was exciting as they had only been 30 min up until now, followed by him sleeping straight through until his usual 5:30 am wake up.
Day 10 started off amazing with a 2 hr 20 min nap! Wow. Rob and I decided that a trip to the market would be great for the three of us to get out on such a beautiful day. Then I made the rookie mistake of rushing him into the second nap as soon as we go in the door which was followed by an hour of solid crying, so into the stroller he went and off for a walk. Asleep within minutes. Night time was an easy put down but he was awake every couple of hours crying so I finally got him out of bed at 5:30 am again.
Not big issues by any means and I realized the mistake I made in rushing into a nap, I just need to be patient,  follow the routine and get him nice and relaxed.
Today's naps were 2 hrs each so I think he's getting it.
Overall it was the right decision to get help in teaching Owen how to sleep and guiding us in how to do it. It really is simple enough but trust me, in the heat of the moment, when no one has slept properly in months and the baby just wont stop crying, making a decision and sticking to it was really difficult. With a very clear set of guidelines to follow it was so much easier to do.
You can visit Janey's web site WeeSleep, as well, I have a link on the side so if you know of someone who is looking for some help, I would highly recommend giving her a call. She was wonderful to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment