Friday, January 4, 2013

Sleep Training Day 1

Well, it went surprisingly better than I was expecting. He cried for just over an hour when we put him in his crib, I stayed the whole time in the room with him and occasionally layed him back down as he kept standing up. He fell to sitting so I layed him down and he was asleep!
Owen woke four times during the night which is less than he has been doing. The first time was almost an entire hour of crying but after that it was just some fussing and a wee bit of crying.
This was the most sleep I have had in a very long time!
So far we are off to a promising start, thank goodness. I am prepared for nights and naps down the road to be complete disasters but it gives me confidence that Owen is learning to fall asleep without any external assistance.

1 comment:

  1. good for you. keep listening to your gut! sounds to me you are doing the right thing. I appreciate you writing about your journey! I'm learning a lot from you!

    ReplyDelete