Thursday, January 10, 2013

Sleep Training Day 6 & 7


Every day there seems to be some sort of progress some more than others but still in a forward motion. That being said, I still find this quite difficult and for some reason I feel even more tired than normal.
The past two nights have been pretty good with minimal fuss going down and just a couple times of waking in the night. He is waking up between 4:30 and 5:30 am, cried for a bit and gone back down (sort of) for an hour. At this point I have gotten up and got our day started around 6:30. Over all pretty good for seven days of a new routine.
Naps. Now this is another beast all together. He is at the point where there is minimal crying when put down but is still only sleeping for half an hour. At this age he should be an hour at the least, more like an hour and a half. I know he can do it as he has done it before but right now, not a chance.
With such short naps he is not his happy self so I am hoping that he soon understands the joys of long daytime naps.
Until then I will continue to enjoy my afternoon espresso and occasional canoli.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sherri;

    Hang in there. It took me a while to understand the joys of "afternoon naps" so Owen may have inherited that from me. But I've got it now.

    Love

    Dad

    ReplyDelete