Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Cotton, Bamboo, Hemp, Wool...Sherpa!


With every great adventure comes a detour (or two) and I have come upon my first one. A couple of months ago if you were to ask about diapering you would have received a semi blank look followed by a definite disposable option. Living in a small condo is great but there are limits and the thought of stinky diapers hanging around did not appeal.

Fast forward to earlier this week and I have been opened up to the world of cloth diapers. I had no idea that there were so many options, so many different comfort levels for dealing with cloth. Needless to say I have been doing a lot of research and am warming up to the idea of using cloth diapers for several different reasons. Depending on the system you use they appear easy enough to clean, less garbage for sure and a potentially big savings in cost when compared to disposables. There is the initial investment but that would be it. Doing laundry every couple of days is what I do now so that would be no big deal.


Plus, I'm sure that I can make a few covers myself once I purchase a couple of cute ones to check out.

There are two brands that have caught my eye so far, Bummis and Gdiapers. Bummis are Canadian (which I love) and offer a waterproof cover, cotton or bamboo insert and a disposable liner to go on top, clean ups made much easier! Gdiapers offer a similar system but with slightly different assembly.
If you are really that interested here are links to their websites for more info:
Bummis   Gdiapers

This is not the final option as this is just the beginning of my research and I will keep you updated. If anyone has any recent cloth diapering advice I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment