Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Diaper Update


It has been a while since last posting, last week I was a bit busier with work, had to do the glucose test (came back just fine as I suspected) and was fighting a cold. Unfortunately Rob ended up getting it pretty nasty so this past weekend was some very serious sofa surfing for the two of us. Today is the first time in almost a week I am feeling myself again as I have the Beastie Boys cranked on the stereo and I'm accomplishing more than going from the sofa to the kitchen!

A while back I had posted about cloth diapering and how I was interested in trying it out. Luckily for me my parents read this blog and I was sent a fantastic care package of baby clothes, a couple of knit garments and blanket that Mom knit up (sooo cute) and all the materials needed to make my own diaper covers! Well, the second I had enough energy and some time I was cutting and sewing away. Mom, as I am sure Dad was not fabric shopping, chose some very adorable monkey fabric and coordinating solid to make the covers from, including the elastic edging, green velcro and cute patches for the back.


I was able to whip two together in no time, modifying the pattern by adding leg gussets and the inside flap to help hold the diaper in place. The fabric cover is a soft polyester backed with a thin waterproof layer to help keep everything in. These were so much fun to make I have ordered more supplies online so I can use the monkey fabric to make more covers. I have also ordered a few bamboo cloth diapers to see how everything fits together.


Unfortunately I am going to wait until Pip arrives to make many more as I would like to ensure fit is good, it will be easier to alter them once I have a body to put them on. I say that now, we'll see.


Just a quick shot for an idea of scale. So darn cute!

2 comments: