Sunday, February 26, 2012

Family Traditions

This past week I had received an email from my Uncle asking if we were interested in using Opa's baby crib for the first few months. Indeed!! It was made by my Opa for all my aunts and uncles to use, which then was used by myself and all the cousins and now will be lovingly put to use by the third generation.


Held together with peg and hole construction, it is simple to assemble, sturdy and quite solid. There is also an arm which attaches to one end that holds a small canopy but I think I may attach a mobile to it. It came with a white eyelet sheet set and bumper which someone had made but Uncle Paul was not to sure who it was, he thought it may have been my Mom.



Seeing this as a perfect opportunity to use up some of my fabric stash I whipped together two crib sheets yesterday from some fun cotton. It was quite gratifying using up material that I had been saving for at least four years with no intended use and am pretty happy with the overall look, not that I'm putting together a baby room or anything. After assembling the crib I did have a bit of a freak out.

Where are we going to put everything!

1 comment:

  1. that is so exciting! My mom had been telling me about it and wasn't sure where it was. Love the new sheets!

    ReplyDelete