Saturday, March 10, 2012

Pip's First Toy




Pip is one lucky baby and has already been receiving gifts ever since the news broke, we are so touched by everyone's love and generosity. I think that it's safe to say that mere moments of hearing the news, Oma's knitting needles were on fire and Pip already has a gorgeous collection of clothing and blankets that she has shipped to us that I'm sure are just the tip of the iceberg!

Before this past fall I really did not know anything about babies or all the stuff that comes along with them, it has been a big learning curve that I'm sure we have only just begun. With such great family and friends we have a great source of experience and knowledge available to us.

Coming home one afternoon after a lovely fall walk I was greeted with a package form my Aunt Carol and Uncle Don. Of course I was unable to wait until Rob got home from work and opened up the box to find two fantastic fleece blankies and a very cute giraffe toy and teether. She had made up a girl and a boy blankie, just to be safe, as well as having a back up for when one will need a washing! Now in regards to the giraffe, I had never seen them before and my aunts note explained that her grand kids love them have been well used, especially during teething. Being an experienced Grandma I was very happy for this insight.

Well, fast forward a couple of months and I came across the above video explaining Sophie's origins and history and can now appreciate why Sophie has become such a popular toy and love the fact that Pip has one to call their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment